General Information Summary in terms of business operations and E-commerce activities during the Global Pandemic relating to the SARS-CoV2 virus which causes Covid-19
Since the declaration by the World Health Organisation (WHO) of a Global Pandemic relating to the SARS-CoV2 outbreak and the resultant condition of Covid-19 we have rigorously implemented and adhered to strict WHO as well as National Government guidelines. Even prior to the declaration of a worldwide pandemic relating to Covid-19 we fully recognise the potential risks this virus poses not only to our staff but also our suppliers, service providers as well as our customer.
Toprock is purely an e-commerce based business and the South African National Government has recently allowed for e-commerce operations to continue under Level 4 of our risk adjusted lock down strategy. We are pleased to recommence full business operations in line with the risk adjusted approach presented by our national government. In terms of these recent guidelines we would like to reaffirm our commitment to everyone’s safety and security during this time. Therefore, below we present a summary if some critical operational and procedural changes which have been adopted in hope of mitigating risk to anyone within our Toprock Family.
E-Commerce Specific Measure to Mitigate Risk
- Toprock follows extensive guidelines advocated by several institutions including World Health Organisation (WHO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as the National Institute for Communicable Diseases of South Africa (NICD).
- Toprock has implemented and actively manages all guidelines published by the South African National Government. Specifically relating to safe business operations in line with the Occupational Health and Safety guidelines published in Government Notice 479 on 29 April 2019.
- All onsite operational staff temperatures are measured and recorded in line with government specifications in Gazette 11113, Vol. 659, No. 43321.
- All wrapped items are sanitized prior to boxing. Boxes are sanitized prior to shipping.
- Collection protocols have been implemented and include the use of personal protective equipment as well as strictly enforced physical distancing during any collections and/or deliveries.
- A printed guideline will accompany all National shipments. The guideline provides recommendations in terms of disinfecting goods during the unpacking process. We recognise that international clients are potentially less impacted by contamination due to extended transit times. However, these guidelines are freely available on our website (www.toprocks.com).
We hope that everybody in the Toprock family circles, in Africa and across the continents around the world are keeping themselves safe and are in good health. Business operations have been substantially impacted and altered across the globe; however, we hope that the vast majority of our industry will weather the storm. We have faith that, in time, we shall all recover financially and operationally and that folks will be able to travel, visit and socialise safely again sooner rather than later. By working together, we can only go from strength to strength and build better models of sustainability.
Stay Safe - Wear a Mask - Wash your Hands Regularly - Keep your Chin Up.
Nick and Nicole May and the Toprock Team
Guideline for Receiving and Unpacking Orders
Do not touch your mouth, eyes or nose whilst receiving or unpacking delivered goods.
Wash your hands with soap for a minimum of 20 seconds at the different stages whilst following the recommended procedure.
If you stop to undertake intermittent tasks during this procedure, please wash your hands.
Soap is the preferred sanitizing agent. However, alcohol-based / gel-based sanitizer can also be effective under specific conditions.
- Receiving the delivery
- Prior to delivery ensure you have a pen ready to sign the waybill.
- Upon the arrival of the delivery driver, observe whether he/she is wearing a face mask or other appropriate PPE. If not kindly request the individual to put on his/her mask prior to any interaction with your delivery package or yourself.
- Ask the delivery driver how they would prefer for the delivery to take place? Particularly in line with the recommended 2m minimum physical distancing recommendations. Procedures between different Courier or Freight companies may vary based on their own internal guidelines.
- At all times maintain a minimum of 2 m physical distancing between yourself and the delivery driver.
- The following is a recommended procedure when receiving goods.
- Allow the driver to place the package and waybill 2m away from you.
- Allow the driver to retreat away from the package.
- Approach the package - sign the waybill – Take your copy of the waybill - leaving the signed copy of the waybill required by the driver in situ.
- Retreat to a safe distance to enable the driver to collect his copies of the waybill.
- DO NOT borrow the stationary (i.e. pen) from the delivery driver.
- After receiving the goods – Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap else use a suitable alcohol-based / or gel-based sanitizer.
- Unpacking the Goods
- Sanitizer can be applied to a cloth to wipe down the surfaces of the box/s.
- Sanitizer can also be used to wipe the exterior of the individually packaged items contained in the box/s.
- Wash your hands after unpacking or when stopping to undertake intermittent tasks.
- Disinfect all work surfaces once the unpacking has been completed.
Please be conscious of your actions whilst receiving and unpacking goods.
Stay Safe - Wear a Mask - Wash your Hands Regularly - Keep your Chin Up
- Communication in Relation to Covid-19 and E-commerce (Click Here)
- Unpacking Guidelines for Disinfecting Goods Received (Click Here).